The Worshipful Society of Apothecaries of London
Our seminar in November will be held at the historical Apothecaries’ Hall from 5:30 pm (talks start at 6pm). The evening will include:
- Introduction to the Society and its Hall by Nicholas Wood, Past Master and Hon Curator
- Work of the “Friends of the Archives” by Dr Paul Simmons, Court member
- “Show and Tell” sessions ……with archive material on display
- Janet Payne, Archive Officer…on why do we have a Fireman’s Helmet?
- Fiona Davidson…on indexing the Court minutes
- Dr Sharon Messenger, archivist on loan from the RCGP on Women in Medicine
- Dr John Ford on cataloguing 400 years of archives
From 7pm, there will be a chance to have drinks, network and see the building and collections.
Free for AfL members, non-members £6. PLEASE NOTE: refreshments will be provided as usual but to protect the archives on display they will be available AFTER the talk, from 7pm onwards.
For information about getting to Apothecaries’ Hall, please see their website: http://www.apothecaries.org/contact-us